2025 RAM 1500 Limited Battery dies after short time with door open.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SteveChesnut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hurricane Twin Turbo HO
Just purchased a new 2025 6 cyl turbo to replace my 2020 5.8 Hemi. Have had 3 1500 over 20 years.

Issue I have is the battery requires a jump if doors or rambox left open for less then a couple hours. Thought it was the tailgate lights and turned them off. Turned off light inside ramboxes. Same problem for 3rd time.

Strange things is all electronics load up fine and power steps come out but get flashing lites on shift knob and load clicking in electric system when this happens. It is intermittent. Jump start after a few minutes change and all good. At this point leave running anytime not at home. Not ideal!

So any suggestions. I don’t know that much about auto electronics just that a few min with door open shouldn’t run door a agm battery. Put a code ready on it and says it battery and alternator are good. Also any idea what the little 6v? Battery is?

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like a trip to the dealer, you have a parasitic draw on your battery your I6HO is a whole new beast, I do know there was a harness problem where some of the wire harnesses were to short and becoming disconnected.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
There have been reports of loose wires at the battery terminals , this would be an easy thing to check before visiting your dealer for warranty work .

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Issue I have is the battery requires a jump if doors or rambox left open for less then a couple hours.
If the 2025s are like previous RAM versions they have a 94R battery which typically holds about 80 amp hours of current, when fully charged. That means when your door is open 40 amps of power is being pulled from the battery. That sounds very unlikely. I would suspect you have a bad battery. Batteries can have intermittent issues with a cell that would cause this, it happened to me.

OP
OP
SteveChesnut

SteveChesnut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hurricane Twin Turbo HO
Dealer installed 2 new batteries both the main and the little park stop battery. The truck is holding change now. I’m not sure I trust this truck at all. Thanks for the help.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
you have the doors open for hours? that will kill battery on old ones as well.
The lights on my Ram will turns off on their own, but the wifes car will kill the battery if a door is not closed all the way in a few hours.
Never had a ram box myself.
There are so many computors and monitors in these new ones and with the door open , everything is running and drawing power. even with the truck turned off.
But sounds like a crappy battery.

Dan Topp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5 years on my 4th gen 19 rams battery usually replace it at 4 and now I will.Dont feel too bad I already have been to the caddy dealer for a recall on dash electronics at 1100 miles,and see tranny issues in my future after seeing all the service bulletins and owner complaints on the caddy forum.

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
FCA uses that same 2 battery routine on the Pacifica van we have. The talk on the forums on that issue of a dead battery , are all about the fact the smaller battery of the two batteries draws down the main battery quite quickly. And that smaller battery costs around $300 to replace. So, since new we have kept the van and its two batteries set up on a tender when not in use. And the tender always shows it charging for hours after use every time.