3 Reoccuring Codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Hey everyone.

Driving my older truck today, and around an hour into my drive i got a total of 3 codes.

U0002-88
U0126-00
U0415-00

My traction control OFF light came on, traction light, and i got a msg in the EVIC saying “Service Electronic Braking System.”

I got these codes before around 3-4 months ago, i cleared them, and they just now came back. The transmission also seemed to shift better and the engine felt more responsive after this too, which is strange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
U0002 is a general code for a CAN communication issues, U0126 is loss of communication with the steering angle sensor, and U0415 is an invalid or communication issue with the ABS module. Generally if you lose signal or get any invalid signal from the ABS system it will turn it off, which includes traction control and if the vehicle has stability control. The reasoning is they would rather default back to manual control than take the risk of the ABS giving bad signals and triggering the ABS or stability control in the wrong way and causing an accident or loss of control.

I can't tell you exactly what is causing it but based on the multiple codes and it being an older vehicle I would highly suspect a bad or loose connector, or a shorted out (rubbed bare) wire. You will need a wiring schematic to verify the location of the steering angle sensor and ABS module and do a visual inspection of the wiring. Look for green fuzzies, unhook and inspect any connections, and inspect for bare or partially broken wires.

Nick_rp

I=V/R
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500
Engine
5.7 Sport
Hey everyone.

Driving my older truck today, and around an hour into my drive i got a total of 3 codes.

U0002-88
U0126-00
U0415-00

My traction control OFF light came on, traction light, and i got a msg in the EVIC saying “Service Electronic Braking System.”

I got these codes before around 3-4 months ago, i cleared them, and they just now came back. The transmission also seemed to shift better and the engine felt more responsive after this too, which is strange.

Screenshot_20210509-100819_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210509-100833_Chrome.jpg

Being as its intermittent, most likely cause is poor connection i.e. wire, connector

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everyone.

U0002-88
U0126-00
U0415-00

You ever get this figured out? I’m getting the same 3 codes in my ‘19 Classic.