5th gen seat in 3rd gen help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DBCooper01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi, new to forum, And with quick search, didn't find what I was looking for. So I'm gonna ask. I have a 06 quad cab, I bought front seats and jump seat our of a 2019. Guy I bought them from said that his ram was a "Classic" trim package, So the seats were same as what comes in the 4th gen. the seats mounted fine in the original mounting locations

I have couple issues with install.

1. I need to know the size of the nuts for the bracket that secures the jump seat to the passenger seat.

2. On my original seats, the seat belt anchor bolt was on the seat itself. On the new seats its not. From what I have found online. It looks like the earlier 3rd gens anchor bolts are on the floor, or on the B pillar. Can anyone confirm this? And if so. Will that anchor bolt hole be in my cab as well for me to use? And will my seat belt be long enough if moved to those positions, Or will I need to buy the earlier 3rd gens seatbelts? At the very least I need to anchor the seatbelt to something. I was thinking to the rear seat bracket bolt. But again I question the length of the seatbelt.

3. The new seats are a little wide. They push out he trim on the B pillar into the gasket in the door. I know others have swapped these seats, is there a way to fix this? I was thinking of taking out he trim on the B pillar, and cutting away the part that touches the seat. And hopefully do it in a way that it looks like its meant to be that way.

Any and all help is appreciated.