8.4 uConnect delayed power on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quickster2

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie 2500 4 X 4
Engine
6.4L
My 2015 is doing similar things. Says the radio needs service and the Nav thinks I'm in Illinois or Indiana all the time (even though I was in Minnesota, Wisconsin, or mainly Michigan). Sometimes takes several minutes to boot up. Don't really use the truck NAV system anyway. All else seems to be normal after boot up. 3 Dealers around me are all ????.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
My 14 RT did this occasionally, usually after sitting in direct sunlight and the cab getting to over 100 degrees.

I did the big 4 upgrade, and as of this writing, have not had this happen in over 6 months.

My 16 Laramie occasionally does this so I about to undertake this big 4 upgrade again to see if it truly fixes the issue.

Stay tuned over the next month or so.

quickster2

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie 2500 4 X 4
Engine
6.4L
My 14 RT did this occasionally, usually after sitting in direct sunlight and the cab getting to over 100 degrees.

I did the big 4 upgrade, and as of this writing, have not had this happen in over 6 months.

My 16 Laramie occasionally does this so I about to undertake this big 4 upgrade again to see if it truly fixes the issue.

Stay tuned over the next month or so.
What is the "big 4 upgrade"? I searched but did not find anything. TIA

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged

It can be big 3 or big 4. I did the 4th cable from battery to fuse box.

Here is a quick video. Use 0 copper cable. It cost about $100. In total. If you follow the video. You will need a 18 inch piece of wire (black). A 4 foot piece of wire (red) and a 6 foot piece of wire (black). 6 copper ends and a way to make the cable. Everything else is already there.

Read the description on this item below only. I don't know the kit. But the description is excellent.
The wire is perfect for 2 of the connections but the 3rd in my opinion is too short. I could not make 4 feet work. But 6 foot did.

Last edited: