AC Not Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Overfield22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
My AC doesn’t work at all. The issue I’ve had for the past 5 months is as follows.

1) started off with AC working ever now and then.

I checked my ac fuse and power to the ac. AC was receiving power. The AC resistor blower motor was receiving power as well as the blower fan. In this scenario the AC was working.

2) AC stopped working.

AC fuse and AC was receiving power. The resistor motor and blower fan wasn’t receiving power. AC doesn’t work.

3) AC hasn’t worked in months. The only thing that works is my heat. And even then I turn my resistor to 7 and it feels like it’s blowing at a 1. Throughout this whole duration the AC/Heater took at least 20 minutes of running the truck before ever kicking on and “Operating”.

I know my information was very vague but that’s all my knowledge I can give you for my issue. Thought about taking it to a shop and getting someone to fix it. But wanted to stop buy and see if someone knew what was wrong..

Side note. I don’t know if this has any correlation, but my dash keeps flickering and sometimes while driving down the road it’ll turn off and all my gauges trip to 0 then it turns back on.

bravem

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From your description, it seems like there could be an electrical problem causing the inconsistent operation. It could be a wiring problem or a malfunctioning component. From a guy from servicing stop I know that the flickering dash and gauge issues could be related. I guess, it is time for a thorough inspection by a qualified technician, especially if you don't have much experience in car repair.

Last edited: