Accidentally cut relay wire?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TaraFromOklahoma

Reaction score
Ram Year
So yesterday a friend of mine brought me a badazz lightbar for my Ram 1500. I mount it, my husband gets under the hood to wire it up. He comes across a relay box, cuts it off completely (why, I don't know) and now the truck will not start. You can strike the wires together and something clicks but that's it. Now trying to rewire but have no idea what goes where Anyone have any ideas at all?

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
1. Take away husbands wire cutters and any other tool that can be used to cut wires.
2. Tow vehicle to competent shop that handles electrical issues.
3. Make husband buy you dinner.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So yesterday a friend of mine brought me a badazz lightbar for my Ram 1500. I mount it, my husband gets under the hood to wire it up. He comes across a relay box, cuts it off completely (why, I don't know) and now the truck will not start. You can strike the wires together and something clicks but that's it. Now trying to rewire but have no idea what goes where Anyone have any ideas at all?
Tell him to go on this site, put in the information and find what he cut. THen tell him to fix it.

OP
OP
T

TaraFromOklahoma

Reaction score
Ram Year
Soooo yes I know sounds absolutely ridiculous and silly. So go ahead, laugh. I'll wait... lol. And he only done all this because it was like 107 degrees outside and he really would've rather been doing anything but putting a stupid light bar on for me anyways, thanks for the reply. He DID figure it out though!

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So wait he cut a wire harness or wires that are directly to a receptacle for a relay? Then there would be wires still there and easy to match up and make the reconnection. This smells fishy....

zrock

Reaction score
Im sorry but some people should really not be messing with things they do not understand... Take your husbands electrical tools away.. Makes me wonder if he gut the wires for a factory component how well did he wire up the light bar and how did he fix his mess up..

LugsLeadOut84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Sounds like you would make a better husband....You're psyched about a light bar for your truck and he's annoyed about installing it? Sorry - just kidding.

Ask me how many calls I've been on where someone's answer to "what happened?" was "I tried to fix the space heater", "All I did was re-wire the socket", etc. Ironically, I was an electrician prior to my last calling...
Glad it worked out.

ric221

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My take on this.

1 Go to hubby with big Smile, Kiss him passionately.

2 Step back and with Long Giddy Laugh, say thank you.

3 When he ask For What, tell him You think he is the Best Husband in the World.

4 When he looks at you like you might be crazy, tell him Because he damaged your truck You will need to get a New one.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I am glad the part that was cut is now OK

Is the Light Bar installed & working ?