Adding power seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hemismith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am looking to get a Ram again, but frustrated by how much prices have gone up recently, and especially what it takes to simply get a power driver's seat. Almost every Big Horn out there now has options that were previously only on higher end trims, yet almost none have power seats.

How difficult and expensive would it be to add power seats? I see some older posts here about that but most are focused on specific issues and I'm looking for more general advice. Can you even buy brand new seats? Everything I see is used. And if the truck has the Level 1 group with heated seats does it make it easier or harder? There is power, but it's of course connected to a switch; I don't mind bypassing the switch if it's not difficult.

Last edited:

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The first thing would be if it is a new or used truck you are buying as it would impact what seats can be used. There are threads in this forum about people upgrading to power seats, search through there. If you need a wiring harness a good guy to reach out to is @m² mods in the vendor section.

Generally you might find seats are used, but searching in a place like car-parts.com can help find a newer seat.

OP
OP
H

hemismith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks. I'm looking at new trucks. The posts I saw were generally about getting the heating and cooling to work, and I thought just getting the wiring to the switches for that. I was thinking all I needed was power, so didn't need the actual harness, but I forgot the seats have airbags in them so I guess it's a lot more complicated. Maybe this isn't such a good idea. Frustrating because I have found trucks over $10k less than the ones with the level B package.