Air Suspension Vents After Filling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 hemi
I have a 2014 Ram 1500 Longhorn. One day when I was working at the back of the truck while it was on I heard the air system pressurizing then lift the truck, a few seconds later I started hearing it vent /burp and the truck would lower with each vent before the air compressor would kick on and inflate it again. I got the service air suspension which i assume the pump overheated and the system shut down. To my knowledge I do not have any leaks in the air bags because they will stay inflated for days when parked. When driving I get about 20 - 30 minutes of the system working then the service air suspension comes on and can feel the suspension loose air and become bouncy. If I let it sit for awhile while I am at work the system works fine or I get another 20 30 minutes of good use.

Why is the system venting out after inflation until the motor overheats or if I get lucky it stops venting to hold pressure all day.

Thank You.

Greene

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same year Ram and same problem, traced it to compressor. Was told it has internal valving which is finicky. Trying to keep system operating as designed but getting expensive .