Alfaobd - failed invalid key

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StevenG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I downloaded pin puller got my pin
I connect to alfaobd via Bluetooth
I connect to my radio frequency HUB
I go to program ignition fobik - type my pin - click start it says ( failed. Invalid key )
I tried to do the baseline ignition fobik and did same thing. Also when I tried to read my PIN off alfaobd it says the same thing. Failed. Invalid key

tasman1970

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.4
I downloaded pin puller got my pin
I connect to alfaobd via Bluetooth
I connect to my radio frequency HUB
I go to program ignition fobik - type my pin - click start it says ( failed. Invalid key )
I tried to do the baseline ignition fobik and did same thing. Also when I tried to read my PIN off alfaobd it says the same thing. Failed. Invalid key
To anyone else finding this post and having repeated failures - I have a 2019 Ram 1500 and I had the same invalid PIN failure. Had to download JScan to get my PIN from the Security Hub, THEN I was able to use alfaODB to program the new keyfob. Jscan was an extra $25 for a license. I'm glad I at least got it resolved. remote start works, all buttons, and the old keyfob still works too.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To anyone else finding this post and having repeated failures - I have a 2019 Ram 1500 and I had the same invalid PIN failure. Had to download JScan to get my PIN from the Security Hub, THEN I was able to use alfaODB to program the new keyfob. Jscan was an extra $25 for a license. I'm glad I at least got it resolved. remote start works, all buttons, and the old keyfob still works too.
:welcome: By your Avatar, do U have a (6.4) 2500 or a (5.7) 1500, lol. Post some pics and list some info in yer signature, helps when you ask for help. Again, welcome to the forum.