Alignment specs good? Need thoughts.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duckman631

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 K&N Cold Air Intake.
Just had my second alignment after getting some mileage on the new suspension. Would like some comments on before and after and if I should be good with these specs. I’ve seen other threads with diff specs and to take into consideration road crown etc so not sure if I should have specified special specs outside of the norm to account for what we experience with our trucks. Have both labeled before and after. And what’s with the rear thrust angle and why are other rear specs greyed out? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_9016.jpeg
    IMG_9016.jpeg
    147.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9017.jpeg
    IMG_9017.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 7

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Before was OK, after looks good.

For 2500s Thuren has some good suggestions for what to do different from factory specs, but assuming yours is a 1500 I haven't heard of any special sauce.

You'll never notice that small of a thrust angle, don't worry about it.

I assume those others are grey because unless something is very worn/broken and needs replaced, there's not much you can do about them anyway.

OP
OP
duckman631

duckman631

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 K&N Cold Air Intake.
Before was OK, after looks good.

For 2500s Thuren has some good suggestions for what to do different from factory specs, but assuming yours is a 1500 I haven't heard of any special sauce.

You'll never notice that small of a thrust angle, don't worry about it.

I assume those others are grey because unless something is very worn/broken and needs replaced, there's not much you can do about them anyway.
Thanks for the input. I’m not sure if the rear is serviceable. The entire suspension was replaced and as far as the rear, upper lower and lower control arms, track bar and sway bar links, sway bar bushings in addition to shocks. Front I replaced upper lower control arms, all 4 cam bolts (oem), inner and outer tie rods and boots, sway bar links, sway bar bushings, wheel hub assembly’s, coil over struts and pads and rotors all around. Plus did the plugs and pcv valve since I hit 100k. I figured just replace everything rather than do piecemeal as one thing needs the other removed so cheaper to just take it all off at once and replace it all. Overall very happy with the ride. It rides like brand new. (All of the above, parts and labor came in around $3200 and I sourced my own parts as I was particular what brands I wanted for each and didn’t want off the shelf Chinese parts the shops get and charge 2-3x what a good part you buy yourself costs.) Rockauto is my friend.

This was the “top off” alignment after they did one when they replaced everything and just put on new tires last week so I wanted to make sure everything is good and for $99 for alignments, I figure better safe than sorry.

Last edited: