AMP research steps and obd-II

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joshg86

Reaction score
Quick question for anybody with experience.

Has anybody needed to get a part replaced under warranty from AMP Research?

Bought auto running boards. Fully installed but do not activate with doors. Any of the doors. I followed the advice on their website to troubleshoot and determined the OBD II sensor was the issue. I reached out to AMP via phone and the rep told me to fill out a warranty claim and within 1-3 business days someone would respond. It has now been another phone call with no further information and 14 days.

Has anybody gone this route to replace a problem part? Does this just take time? I can be patient but we know these board are expensive and we would like them to work as they should.

Thanks for any feedback.

2024 Ram 2500

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I had a controller replaced by them but it was years ago. No issues at all, a phone call to explain the issue and do the recommend trouble shooting and they sent out a new controller. It was an easy process.

With that said I believe Amp was recently bought out by Real Truck so the customer service may have changed?

OP
OP
J

joshg86

Reaction score
Correct, and real truck is who answers the phone and then redirects to website. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

RealTruck

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
RealTruck is the parent company for AMP Research. I understand your frustration with the lengthy wait times for a response, and I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. The Powersteps are an exciting product to add, and it's disappointing when they don't work properly. I'm happy to take a closer look at this for you. Feel free to PM me directly, or you can email me. My email is [email protected].