ANC bypass question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn Night Edition
Engine
V8
I recently replaced my front speakers and it made the ANC go haywire. Had to put the stock speakers back in. I heard there is a bypass cable that will solve the problem. Does it disable the ANC? Anyone have a link or video showing the install?

MD Sledhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi etorque
When the dealer disabled mine, you hear a low exhaust drone at RPMs in the mid to upper teens. It's quite annoying. I had them reconnect it.
I've read on here about the sound... I think this is actual exhaust/intake noise - not the ANC itself.

OP
OP
FL-RAM

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn Night Edition
Engine
V8
When the dealer disabled mine, you hear a low exhaust drone at RPMs in the mid to upper teens. It's quite annoying. I had them reconnect it.
I've read on here about the sound... I think this is actual exhaust/intake noise - not the ANC itself.
When I replaced my stock front door speakers with Infinity, the droning became very uncomfortable. The ANC was not disabled, but it was "confused" and making a loud, deep droning sound at low speeds. It wasn't direct engine noise. Was wondering if this bypass cable disables the ANC or just "un-confuses" the ANC so that it will work normally with aftermarket speakers.

MD Sledhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi etorque
I'm thinking it just disables it. The dealer pushed the pins out of the connector, which disconnects the microphones in the cab. No noise input, no noise cancellation?

What I experienced was a loud, deep droning noise at low rpm, lower speeds, under load (i.e. pulling an incline at 1600 rpm). It reminded me of the noise you might hear with a std transmission "lugging" on a higher gear.