Another Air suspension issue question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dragula

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did look at the other threads about issues with their systems and most of them are about the system completely failing. I’m at 93K miles and mine still works ok. However, I just noticed that the entire passenger side of the truck is about 1” lower than the driver side. I don’t know how long it’s been like that as I just noticed. Is this the beginning of the system coming to an end? Or is this a simple fix?

Daniel12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Do you notice the compressor kicking on and off to re-inflate the bags? If they are not leaking, you can re-calibrate each individual bag via AlfaOBD to even the heights back out.

OP
OP
D

Dragula

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The compressor has not kicked on, only when I change the settings. I guess it might need a calibration, but I don’t have that tool. I was just worried that it might be time to convert to a coilover set up. I’ll look into the calibration, thanks!

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The calibration (ride heights)should still be set from the factory. It's not like they change the settings over time. If you are mechanically inclined, it not hard to check the system. But starting with getting the AlfaOBD app and the OBDLink MX+ OBD2 Bluetooth adaptor is a good start so that way you can actually see how the system is. You will be able to accurately see what the air suspension system is doing, all the pressures and settings.