Anti-theft code needed for RA3 8.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony Barker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Recently joined the forum and have seen alot of great advice on mods and fixes for my 2017 cc Express 1500 5.7 hemi. I decided to swap out my RA1 for the larger 8.4 Ra3 and after install the anti-theft prompted for a code. So my question is how do i obtain a code to unlock radio without the old VIN and what adapters do i need for the climate controls to work properly on the new bezel. thanks

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Recently joined the forum and have seen alot of great advice on mods and fixes for my 2017 cc Express 1500 5.7 hemi. I decided to swap out my RA1 for the larger 8.4 Ra3 and after install the anti-theft prompted for a code. So my question is how do i obtain a code to unlock radio without the old VIN and what adapters do i need for the climate controls to work properly on the new bezel. thanks
You can get the unlock code for $10 to $20 several places online. If you have the VIN from the donor truck you can get it from the dealer. As far as the conversion harness goes contact @M2mods who is in the vendor section of the forum. He makes the harness plus can provide any pieces you may be missing to complete the upgrade. He is a member of the forum and one of the people who helped develop many of the harnesses we use. His harness are extremely nice and look like factory.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I use a website called https://www.carstereocode.com/unlock.php?mk=8 for unlock codes. I think an RA3 code is $8 through them.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

JmGuTe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I use a website called https://www.carstereocode.com/unlock.php?mk=8 for unlock codes. I think an RA3 code is $8 through them.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
Talked with my local dealer and even though I understand wanting to make sure I'm "legit". They wanted me to bring in a bill of sale, actual title, invoice and the F'ing truck is absurd! Best 10.60 (plus tax) I ever spent. Would have spent more than that alone of my time and gas!