Auxiliary panel not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thropper18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins turbo diesel
Hello, I purchased a 2020 ram 3500 4x4 and I went to engage tow haul and exhaust brake and the buttons would not engage let alone even light up.
I took it to a ram service dealer and they told me I need a new bank switch part number 68596339AA. I found one online and purchased it. While I wait for it. Does anyone here have any ideas of why the auxiliary panel is not working? And what can I do to troubleshoot. I think the previous owner did some rigging that could.be the reason but I never wired a vehicle.any advice helps. TIA

bcdaytonaboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the same problem with a 2015 2500 Hemi- I had this issue recently on a trip while towing a trailer, tow haul and traction control would pass the self test, but buttons do not work. I scanned the truck and cleared codes, then tow and traction began working- until yesterday. Now they pass self test but do not work. Found negative battery terminal with sensor is bad, will replace today, clear codes and see how that works. Just wonder if you found anything with yours.
Thanks

OP
OP
T

Thropper18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins turbo diesel
Acutay I tried pushing the auxiliary button beneath the buttons at the same time with exhaust brake and tow/haul button simultaneously and it works now! Idk if it how the previous owner wired them but it works now