Bass-like humming coming from speakers when reaching higher RPMs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

may16tray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2019 BIGHORN/LONESTAR 5.7L (6 Speaker) w/o Apline System

Replaced my door speakers with 4-ohm Pioneer 6x9s and Metra 72-6514 wiring harnesses. Now im getting a loud-deep tone that matches the tone of my engine when reaching higher RPMs. Has anyone had this issue when only replacing the speakers? or what do ya'll think it can be?
Thanks

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn Night Edition
Engine
V8
If you replaced your front door speakers you will get this noise. I just went though this with mine. Put the stock speakers back in the front doors and the droning will go away.

The other option is to disable the ANC with a bypass cable as mentioned above.

OP
OP
may16tray

may16tray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you replaced your front door speakers you will get this noise. I just went though this with mine. Put the stock speakers back in the front doors and the droning will go away.

The other option is to disable the ANC with a bypass cable as mentioned above.
Thnx bro. I got a harness otw. Hopefully yall are right!

OP
OP
may16tray

may16tray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No, it won't cause more natural cabin noise. The noise is already there. It's going to allow you to hear the noise. Since it's no longer creating offsetting frequencies.
I installed the harness. I notice the speakers don’t really sound as great as they did with ANC while in park. The drone definitely went away though. Can’t hear that cabin noise ya’ll are mentioning though.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
on my '19 I just unplugged the anc under the driver seat. dont have to buy anything. can plug back in when you sell/trade. the truck stayed plenty quiet and droning sound went away.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I never heard a Bass hum, what is their favourite tune?:cool:

Glad you got it figured out. I will keep this in mind when looking at upgrading the sound system.

OP
OP
may16tray

may16tray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
on my '19 I just unplugged the anc under the driver seat. dont have to buy anything. can plug back in when you sell/trade. the truck stayed plenty quiet and droning sound went away.
I tried that. I couldn’t hear **** when I unplugged it. lol

woojyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I installed the harness. I notice the speakers don’t really sound as great as they did with ANC while in park. The drone definitely went away though. Can’t hear that cabin noise ya’ll are mentioning though.
I have 1800w RMS with 1000w of that powering 2 bass thumping JL 12Tw3s..... I never worry about road noise :Rock on: