Belltech bump stops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ezmoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm installing a 2/4 belltech drop kit on a 2wd 2013 quad cab. I don't have any new front bump stops. Can I use this kit with the factory bump stops? Can I cut the factory bump stops off and drive it until I get the right ones?

ready961

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It will bottom out if you dont cut the factory one off. But you can run it without one....shouldnt be a problem

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
If it was me, I'd leave the factory ones on, until you get the proper replacement. You'll get a bit of bump steer but nothing as bad as if you cut them off and you get metal on metal.

OP
OP
ezmoney

ezmoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1000001374.jpg
1000001373.jpg

Yes I left the factory bump stops inplace. I ordered these bump stops. I might trim a little off of them. This is how the truck looks with the belltech kit installed. I am thinking about cutting one coil off the rear springs to make it more level.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
View attachment 548579
View attachment 548578

Yes I left the factory bump stops inplace. I ordered these bump stops. I might trim a little off of them. This is how the truck looks with the belltech kit installed. I am thinking about cutting one coil off the rear springs to make it more level.
You should do the relocation brackets to,as your wheels are pulled ahead,plus they'll help with planting the tires for traction,and will cure any high speed tail wag the truck might have after lowering.

OP
OP
ezmoney

ezmoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You should do the relocation brackets to,as your wheels are pulled ahead,plus they'll help with planting the tires for traction,and will cure any high speed tail wag the truck might have after lowering.
Thanks for the advice. I may get the relocation brackets. I think that I read in another thread that you recommend the brackets instead of replacing control arms because someone replaced conrol arms and it didn't fix the problems he was having until he installed the brackets. I wonder if he had installed the fixed length control arms. They would be the same length as factory stock arms. It seems that adjustable length arms would put the axle where it needs to be, wouldn't it? The brackets seem like a good solution and more budget friendly. I'm not doubting that they will work. I'm just thinking that I might later want better control arms, and just get the control arms instead of brackets and control arms.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
The brackets work, the enhanced control arms from core, or freedom and others will mask most of the symptoms.

The big advantage of the enhanced control arm is adjustability if you want to change pinion angle or if your rear thrust angle is out a minor amount. The adjustment is built in so you can square the rear axle, if needed.

OP
OP
ezmoney

ezmoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok, I will get the brackets. If I get the cut brackets, does that mean I drill less holes, as I would with the no cut brackets? What's the difference in cut or no cut? Is one better than the other?

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
They don't sell the no cuts anymore. The holes you drill are the same.

With the cut brackets, you have to cut off the upper control arm bracket on the rear diff. The instructions for the cut brackets are downloadable on the Inez website, I'd recommend you review them

OP
OP
ezmoney

ezmoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They don't sell the no cuts anymore. The holes you drill are the same.

With the cut brackets, you have to cut off the upper control arm bracket on the rear diff. The instructions for the cut brackets are downloadable on the Inez website, I'd recommend you review them
Trekline motorsports sells no cut brackets. Are they no good?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Trekline motorsports sells no cut brackets. Are they no good?
Never heard of them,post a link to their brackets,and we'll look them over for you. The brackets bring the arms back into spec,and correct the instant center issue that occurs when you lower the trucks,and help plant the tires for traction,and they also correct the issue of the rear end trying to steer the truck,which leads to a high speed tail wag.
The adjustable arms are just a band-aid,they don't correct the issues of the arms not being in proper spec.

OP
OP
ezmoney

ezmoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No cut kit. The description says 1"-4" drop only, will not work for 5"+ drops. I didn't measure mine but I think it's about 4.5" or 4.75". Maybe I will try these brackets.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
I've certainly never heard of this company and don't know their product. The kit looks almost identical to what inez stopped selling. Only one way to know if it's any good. Someone has to order it.

I'd be concerned about quality and long-term use. The price point is 1/2 of inez when they sold their kit.

I know my inez no cut kit moved alot, and the control arms hit when I was down 4 in the rear. Hopefully you will not have those issues.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ezmoney

ezmoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds like if there were problems with the Inez no cut kit, it's likely this Trekline kit may have problems also. I am interested in installing relocation brackets so I can get an idea of how they work, there strengths and weaknesses. I'm a retired millwright/welder and army tank mechanic. Right now I don't have welding equipment, but will get some. Then I can modify, reenforce, or fabricate my own brackets. For now I want to purchase some. It's much easier to reverse engineer, or make modifications when you have something to work with. I might decide that I want to make some polished stainless steel relocation brackets.

Last edited:

6speed4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like if there were problems with the Inez no cut kit, it's likely this Trekline kit may have problems also. I am interested in installing relocation brackets so I can get an idea of how they work, there strengths and weaknesses. I'm a retired millwright/welder and army tank mechanic. Right now I don't have welding equipment, but will get some. Then I can modify, reenforce, or fabricate my own brackets. For now I want to purchase some. It's much easier to reverse engineer, or make modifications when you have something to work with. I might decide that I want to make some polished stainless steel relocation brackets.
The stainless steel brackets would be very nice
I had the Illicit Customs no-cut brackets on my ‘19 for at least 3years, the finish on them was pretty beat up when I removed them at trade time, but in exactly the same place the day they were installed

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
The stainless steel brackets would be very nice
I had the Illicit Customs no-cut brackets on my ‘19 for at least 3years, the finish on them was pretty beat up when I removed them at trade time, but in exactly the same place the day they were installed

If you were going to reverse engineer something, I'd do the illicit custom brackets. My understanding is they were on target and everything about them was designed correctly.

In my opinion the Inez brackets are good but the steel is not thick enough

OP
OP
ezmoney

ezmoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you were going to reverse engineer something, I'd do the illicit custom brackets. My understanding is they were on target and everything about them was designed correctly.

In my opinion the Inez brackets are good but the steel is not thick enough
Do you have a link? Are they available online?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Do you have a link? Are they available online?
Ryan / Illicit quit making his brackets. I have his brackets on my truck,and i tacked them in place so they wouldn't move. The easiest way to install the brackets is to basically remove the housing,it's easier to cut off the upper brackets and to line up both sides of the new brackets. You can see how they move the lower arm down to where it actually pushes the frame straight ahead,and how they force the rear tires into the ground by promoting body seperation. You want the rear of the truck to rise on launch,so it forces the tires down

Attachments

• DSCN3852.JPG
    DSCN3852.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCN3855.JPG
    DSCN3855.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCN3860.JPG
    DSCN3860.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCN3879.JPG
    DSCN3879.JPG