Best weather tight hard-fold cover.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajparry89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Hey all, looking for input from experiences of best weather tight hard fold covers, sub $1000. 2019 2500 6’4” bed. I bought a Gator Trio Hard Fold because I needed a cover in a pinch and it shipped super quick and I liked the look. I also figured it would do well against rain because it overlapped the rails more compared to the low profile designed ones like the Gator EFX (although I’m noticing now that the EFX comes with rails with drains!). But turns out the Trio has pretty large gaps between the weather stripping in the hinge areas. And I also don’t like how the middle section doesn’t latch down. So I’m thinking going to return it.

So guess I’m looking for something 1. Weather tight most of all (realizing they all may/will leak some, but which are the best) 2. Security (all sections latching down) 3. Durable.

Anybody have experience with the diamondback switchback? I’ve had other diamondbacks before. I know the brand well and also the owner. Mostly just wondering if the switchback is pretty weather tight? (I know they are not sub $1k lol)

Thanks guys!

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
This is what I have installed. It doesn't leak

OP
OP
A

ajparry89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
This is what I have installed. It doesn't leak

Cool! Looks like they dont make the exact one for mine, but something similar.