Big 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toeknee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone done the big three upgrade? How difficult is it to accomplish? A walk through would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Eestee70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Oh.... I thought because this was an audio/ electronics thread that maybe he was referring to HU, speakers and amp.

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The "Big 3 Upgrade" for car audio is to replace the following 3 wires with those of a heavier gauge.

-Alternator output to battery positive
-Battery negative to chassis ground
-Engine to chassis ground

OP, unfortunately I can't help you. I've done the upgrade many times, but never on a RAM.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Has anyone done the big three upgrade? How difficult is it to accomplish? A walk through would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

It's fairly straightforward;, you're adding an additional ground wire between the battery and frame ground, between the engine block and frame ground, and a power wire between the alternator and battery positive. If you use 4ga wire then install them in addition to the factory wiring, if you want to use 1/0ga then you can replace the wires, depending on your required power needs. If you replace the wires keep in mind the factory power wire is a fusible link and would need a master fuse installed.

Irongoats

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did it on my GMC a few years back when upgrading stereo. What ^^Badhabit2Break posted pretty easy.