Bilstein 6112 vs Dobinson IMS on the front

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims43

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As the title states, im looking at different leveling shocks for the front of my 13 ram 1500 4x4. I currently have 5100's set at 2.1 lift, 35 Nokian Tires. They're decent shocks. I drive mostly highway for work, but do some rough riding on the weekends, nothing exceptional. I find the 5100s are stiff hitting road holes, speed bumps, etc. I know i wont get OEM ride quality, but the 5100s i feel just are not cutting it and kind of annoying.

I am considering going to the 6112s, but recently was doing some reading and stumbled on the Dobinson IMS. So im curious as to how these two compare. Not a lot I can find for the ride quality on Ram 1500, but a lot of Toyota guys have them and say good things. So if anyone out there has some experiecne with either, id love to hear.

Im keeping the 5100s on the rear, but might change to the eibech 1" spring, since ive heard that is a pretty good setup. I am running a bed rack with Roof top tent that probably sits around 4-5 inches higher than the cab. I do need to change sway bars and links to get a more planted feel, especially in turns. But that's not going to change the harshness of the 5100s on the front.

KYPOTLICKER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had a 12 model with the 5100 series, the 22 model I have now I have the 6112. 6112 are noticeably better. Can not speak for the Dobinson