Bilstein B6 4600 shocks worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

misvatac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey all, new member here. I have a '03 1500 quad cab with about 95k on it that I recently acquired. I don't believe that anything has been done to it.

I'm wondering what your guys opinions are on the Bilstein B6 4600 shocks. I want to improve the comfort and smoothness of my ride over stock. I live on a dirt/gravel road with some bumps but mostly drive on asphalt. I'm not trying to spend a whole lot of money, so I want to make sure that if I do go with these shocks, they will be worth my buck. Thanks in advance

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
I can't speak to the 4600 series, but I put 5100 on my 2500 and rides so much better now. Still rides like a 2500, but the original shocks were almost done at ~85K or so. My understanding is that 4600 series is like OEM but better? Let's see what some others say, but my guess is that if you're going after factory ride, the 4600 should do you good.

3pedals

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4600’s will make your truck smoother in terms of more controlled body motion, but will not likely ride “softer”. There are a bit more on-road performance oriented shock, while the 5100 is more offroad oriented. In terms of longevity they are exceptional…my first set lasted almost 300k miles before starting to leak, and they still worked fine. Would’ve got new ones for free under warranty if I didn’t have to cut the shafts due to seized bolts

Last edited: