Black chrome

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djarrett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have wanted black chrome on my truck for a few months. I have tried several different ways a spraying out a thinned black in clearcoat over chrome pieces. I never could hit on what I wanted, and even tried the duplicolor shadow kit. I was very dissatisfied with it.

I saw where vvivid makes headlight tint. Ordered some up and did the headlights. I liked the way it worked so I ordered more and wrapped my grill and bumper. Turned out really nice. A little heat and a little patience,and now I have black chrome bumpers and grill.

It may not hold up worth a ****, but its cheap. If it fails I can peel it back off. But for now looks really good. I have wrapped a few things before this and I would not want this to be my first wrapping project. I am not real good at wrapping, if I was my truck would be destroyer grey. But if you have some experience wrapping, it's not that bad.

IMG_20200524_133612012_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200524_134507062_HDR.jpg

Novawill72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter Hemi
I have wanted black chrome on my truck for a few months. I have tried several different ways a spraying out a thinned black in clearcoat over chrome pieces. I never could hit on what I wanted, and even tried the duplicolor shadow kit. I was very dissatisfied with it.

I saw where vvivid makes headlight tint. Ordered some up and did the headlights. I liked the way it worked so I ordered more and wrapped my grill and bumper. Turned out really nice. A little heat and a little patience,and now I have black chrome bumpers and grill.

It may not hold up worth a ****, but its cheap. If it fails I can peel it back off. But for now looks really good. I have wrapped a few things before this and I would not want this to be my first wrapping project. I am not real good at wrapping, if I was my truck would be destroyer grey. But if you have some experience wrapping, it's not that bad.

View attachment 208917
View attachment 208918
I will be interested in hearing how it holds up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Gear Jammer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
That looks good! Makes me wonder how it would look on my truck?

magician

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Really nice job and hell yes it takes patience? As for how long it will last, I did the shutters in my sport grill about a year ago and so far no issues. A lot less surface I know but mine is holding up was well as can hope for.

I did my rims and all was fine until the touch-less tire machine at a not so discount tire store got a hold of all four and damaged the edges. Until that the wrap had lasted about 9 months.