Black lug nuts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Six Turboed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Inline 6 Twin Turbo
I spent way too much time looking for these. I ended up on the Ram App and found black Lug Nuts. They are a set of four so I would have to buy 6 sets. The list price is 71.80 for a set of 4!!!! I called the dealer and they could not find them so I gave them the number and their price is over 100 dollars, if I purchased 6 sets that would be over 600 dollars for lug nuts. My truck has black emblems and black wheels but it comes with chrome lug nuts! They look silly to me and I was wondering if anyone has any info on Black lug nuts for 25 Ram LoneStar (6 on each wheel).
It strikes me as odd that they would list those like that. I am certain they do not sell a bunch of them at that price?
Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Jim BB

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I spent way too much time looking for these. I ended up on the Ram App and found black Lug Nuts. They are a set of four so I would have to buy 6 sets. The list price is 71.80 for a set of 4!!!! I called the dealer and they could not find them so I gave them the number and their price is over 100 dollars if I purchased 6 sets that would be over 600 dollars for lug nuts. My truck has black emblems and black wheels but it comes with chrome lug nuts! They look silly to me and I was wondering if anyone has any info on Black lug nuts for 25 Ram LoneStar (6 on each wheel).
It strikes me as odd that they would list those like that. I am certain they do not sell a bunch of them at that price?
Thank you in advance.
you could price out a chrome set and price out powder coating or getting them black chrome done to them!
and I agree I have the black out pkg as well and the chrome looks stupid ! but first off I am not worried enough to either powder coat or chrome them black or buy as set of OEM black besides The lock nuts only come in chrome

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
‘Mcgard is the brand locking lug nuts that the manufacturer uses , if you look them up you will find a much more reasonable price. They are high quality and should be good for your machine .
Also they are a one piece design that will not crush like the factory ones do , they are two pieces, the nut with a Crome or black cover that does not hold the test of time.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L non-Etorque
‘Mcgard is the brand locking lug nuts that the manufacturer uses , if you look them up you will find a much more reasonable price. They are high quality and should be good for your machine .
Also they are a one piece design that will not crush like the factory ones do , they are two pieces, the nut with a Crome or black cover that does not hold the test of time.

I think I paid $125 for a set of McGard black lug nuts.

Edit: Tried finding the ones I bought but I don’t see them listed on Amazon anymore.

Last edited:

Dredger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
OP
OP
Six Turboed

Six Turboed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Inline 6 Twin Turbo
I spent way too much time looking for these. I ended up on the Ram App and found black Lug Nuts. They are a set of four so I would have to buy 6 sets. The list price is 71.80 for a set of 4!!!! I called the dealer and they could not find them so I gave them the number and their price is over 100 dollars, if I purchased 6 sets that would be over 600 dollars for lug nuts. My truck has black emblems and black wheels but it comes with chrome lug nuts! They look silly to me and I was wondering if anyone has any info on Black lug nuts for 25 Ram LoneStar (6 on each wheel).
Thank you in advance.

I did a lot of reading this morning and ended up with this place. According to the pictures and descriptions this is a match to what I have just in BLACK.

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gorilla spline drive lugs are the cheapest quality 1 piece you’ll find. About $50 for a a set of 30 on Amazon if I recall correctly. You can actually use a regular 6 point socket on them too without damaging them, so don’t need to worry about losing the adapter.

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I may have a full set (32) in the garage

Let me check when i get back home in about a week

OP
OP
Six Turboed

Six Turboed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Inline 6 Twin Turbo
Are on the way and again my fat arthritic fingers get in the way. I ordered the 32 so I’ll have spares. I went with these because they are one piece and plated black chrome, always had painted and thought it was time for a change. They are supposed to be much better than painted? :)

OP
OP
Six Turboed

Six Turboed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Inline 6 Twin Turbo
These are immaculate! Way better than any painted ones I have ever seen! Purchased them thru Alpha Wheel Accessories. These are rock solid and the electric plate is the way to go for sure!:) Now I have to go get them put on. I’ll go out in a bit and get er done:)IMG_6147.jpeg

OP
OP
Six Turboed

Six Turboed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Inline 6 Twin Turbo
Did one tire and quit. Real feel temp is 107 and not a breath of wind. It is just to dang hot. These are awesome. To me they look great and make a good difference on the appearance. They look great!:) I will never use painted lug nuts again, I wish I would have known about these two trucks ago!:)
They look so much better than the chrome, and I had a set of valve stem caps in black too.

Update,,,, I could not stand it!!!!! :)
I went out and finished them and have them all torqued. All done and they look good. IMO:)
IMG_6149.jpeg
IMG_6148.jpeg

Last edited:

CanuckRam1313

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Gorilla are great.
Look fantastic, resist rusting and wear.

Here are the part numbers for the stock 20" black OEM aluminum rims.
14x1.5 Bulge Solid Black Nut #66147BDX (4-pack)
14x1.5 Locking Nut Set Solid Black #96641BDX (4-pack)

Attachments

• 20240614_155336.jpg
    20240614_155336.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240614_155411.jpg
    20240614_155411.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 4

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Told ya i had a set kicking around in the garage