Blend door clicking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
I replaced the blower motor resistor and it still does the same thing. It didn't help. So I'm gonna take that 100 dollar part back and put in the old one.
I don't know why you would think that would help, it has nothing to doors .

OP
OP
B

bpolly2004

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The speed goes from high to barely blowing, then back to high intermittently. It's been in the 90s here and i was trying to figure out the problem. I was told to try the resistor first. So that's what I did. I know a resistor will not fix the blend door issue.

OP
OP
B

bpolly2004

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I also wanted to add that about 2 months ago my radiator blew. Coolant went all over everything. After I installed new radiator and got it all squared away everything was fine.
I just got thinking. The side of the radiator that gave out is the same side that the tipm is on. Could that be a cause of the issue of the fan going from high to low to high speeds again intermittently? Would it take almost 2 months to have an issue pop up if the tipm were to get wet?

Hirst

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got this same issue with the clicking. I've ruled out the one behind the glove box, the 2 behind the AC controls and the one in the driver footwell. Does that just leave the one behind the dash or are there more? Where was the actuator behind the dash located if that is now the only one left to get to?

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Would it take almost 2 months to have an issue pop up if the tipm were to get wet?
It could take about that long for the connections to corrode up to where things go bad. Worth having a look.

HarryS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm going to try the blower motor resistor to see if that will work with the speed control. That clicking is annoying af. Makes me want to punch something. Can I just unplug the actuator and make it stop clicking or will that cause other issues?
If you unplug an actuator, it will set a code internal to the AC, and cause the AC to become unusable for a period of time, I forget how long, couple minutes upon startup?

HarryS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you need an actuator, I'd suggest getting one from a salvage yard. I bought 2 and they work fine.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Chrysler MOPAR actuators are the strongest & best made
None of the others have Limit Switches
&
they can be calibrated by the owner

How the actuator actually works or fails

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bpolly2004

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you unplug an actuator, it will set a code internal to the AC, and cause the AC to become unusable for a period of time, I forget how long, couple minutes upon startup?
Do I need to check all the plugs for the actuators that I can get to then? Upon startup the ac will blow for maybe 15 seconds. Then goes down to a low speed setting even though I have it set on the high speed. Then after a few minutes the ac will kick back on full blast. This happens every startup. It's really frustrating.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I am beginning to think that you have your HVAC System set to AUTO
It is a setting on the Control Panel, when you have the Dual Zone system

1723507163033.png