Brake pedal switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jdobson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Need help with brake pedal switch wire diagram. Codes that come up on scanner are c0042-11 and c0042-2F. I did replace brake pedal switch, the light stil came back up.

Attachments

• IMG_3754.jpeg
    IMG_3754.jpeg
    100.5 KB · Views: 7

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did you adjust it properly? Are you wondering about if your wiring is any good? I don't get it.

Is it a Mopar switch or a pre-crapped-out parts store one? If you have a scanner tool (or even an ohm meter) hook it up with the continuity wires and push in/out a bunch of times. Sometimes like on one i was working on, it would work most of the time but 1 out of 20 times it wouldn't 'make'.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I have to wonder ..

How many times have you turned the ignition on & off ?
since you replaced the switch

OP
OP
Jdobson

Jdobson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you adjust it properly? Are you wondering about if your wiring is any good? I don't get it.

Is it a Mopar switch or a pre-crapped-out parts store one? If you have a scanner tool (or even an ohm meter) hook it up with the continuity wires and push in/out a bunch of times. Sometimes like on one i was working on, it would work most of the time but 1 out of 20 times it wouldn't 'make'.
I did put one in from local parts store. Two to three weeks for an OEM. I have one on order from a dodge dealer.

Hoeoperator320

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Mine was doing a bunch of weird stuff. I replaced it and nothing changed. Happened to see a random YouTube short video on how to adjust the length of the plunger on it. I extended it all the way out and installed it like that. The pedal pushed it in to where it wanted it. That was 2k miles ago. All my problems stopped immediately. Probably not the right way of adjusting it but it seemed to work