Broke a connector today while installing my tailgate lock acuator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Hey all,

I finally got around to installing a power lock actuator for my tailgate. I went the route of removing the wire from the connector and soldering rather than cutting the wire and splicing.

Anyways, during the process I broke the little retaining clip (pin 7) on connector C5 which goes in to the TIPM port E. This is the brown connector.

I do have it working now by tie-wrapping that one wire to the others in the area so it shouldn't back out but I want to fix it right.

Does anyone know the part number of the connector or if it's even possible to buy just the connector? I can probably go the route of finding a used one but would be concerned about breaking the clips as I did with this one. I was very gentle with it but was still very brittle. It's a 2011 Ram 1500, 5.7l

Thanks,
-Brian

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Mopar Connection Repair Kit

Here is a resource for Chrysler vehicle connector repair kit part numbers. Will have to plug in your info and dig a little to find it

Once you get the part number, just google around for it and go from there.

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
You can find the connector part number on the techauthority website.
https://techauthorityonlinedemo.extra.chrysler.com/service/repair/wiring/view/classic.htm

It can probably be bought through mouser.
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...=/ha2pyFadujGM7auCflIwk4kbjJwSi9pcD3bLr/V5Ts=

I looked it up on the tech website and attached a sceen shot of the connector, I also found it on mouser they do not stock it but call for a quote or look on the web, the part is 1488846-5 manufactured by tyco engineering, part of their te connectivity series.

t may be available thru mopar as well, but I would not bet on it.

Here is another vendor that has them in stock
http://www.nexelec.com/1488846-5-p/1488846-5_a21.htm

Here is the link for the C5 connector, this is for the connector itself, read through the data sheet for the associated parts, pins, tpas and secondary locks if applicable.

c5.jpg

Last edited:

Lttlcheeze

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Slightly off topic....

I recently started looking around at Power Locks for the Tailgate of my '12 1500. I found the Pop n Lock, the Pace Edwards, then stumbled on the Mopar version.

chopperman1: What one did you install?

Does anyone else have experience with any of the different ones out there?
Advantages/Disadvantages???

:favorites13: