Broke the lock clip on the Power pack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikegrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
While changing the spark plugs this weekend I of course had to break the red lock clip for the power pack harness, Searched spark plugs, power pack clips and multiple variations and search combos. I have learned there are a lot of spark plug threads but did not find what I needed.
Are the clips replaceable or do I need to rig and alternative locking method as It did shake loose on a longer drive. Appreciate any suggestion or willing to deal with any bad news.

tantore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
you have to replace the hole connector or find a good piece of rubber hose and cover the connector to keep water out by the way there is a place that sells the connector you have t o splice some wires google it and you may find it good luck

OP
OP
M

mikegrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
you have to replace the hole connector or find a good piece of rubber hose and cover the connector to keep water out by the way there is a place that sells the connector you have t o splice some wires google it and you may find it good luck

Thanks for the help. You have actually given me an idea with the hose section. High temp silicone will be able to hold the connector on, maintain a water seal and peel off when I need the next plug change if the trick is still around. Thank you for starting the thought process.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
On a lot of the automotive connectors the colored clip is basically to keep the primary latch from coming undone. You usually have to pull that clip then press the latch to separate the connector.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
is it possible to just put a plastic or metal tie around it to keep it together?

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Benny @allmoparparts will have the part. Send them a pm with your vin and a description of the part.

- The Blue Mule

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Is the red locking tab broken or the actual retaining tab of the connector? The red part aka Positive Assurance Tab as FCA calls is not really needed as long as the connector tab and latch aren’t broken. If the rest of the connector is not damaged it shouldn’t come apart on its own. They get full of dirt and debris and it’s inevitable that some may brake. Lube and compressed air are your best friends to get them free.

You can’t get them separate from FCA, you’d either have to buy a new connector or the entire harness if the connector is not available separately. May have to try aftermarket.

OP
OP
M

mikegrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
Is the red locking tab broken or the actual retaining tab of the connector? The red part aka Positive Assurance Tab as FCA calls is not really needed as long as the connector tab and latch aren’t broken. If the rest of the connector is not damaged it shouldn’t come apart on its own. They get full of dirt and debris and it’s inevitable that some may brake. Lube and compressed air are your best friends to get them free.

You can’t get them separate from FCA, you’d either have to buy a new connector or the entire harness if the connector is not available separately. May have to try aftermarket.

Thanks for all the advice from everyone who has chimed in. It is just the red locking tab. the rest of the clip is ok. Seems like there really is no issue as the connector will still hold on. Once again, Thank you all for taking the time to chime in, your effort to help out is very much appreciated.

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
This is on the coil pack, correct?