Calling owners of my 8hp bypass valve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iWolfRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Caulk- I ordered your bypass a while back and unfortunately still haven’t found the time to install it. I barely drive my truck, so it hasn’t bother me too much. Should I potentially wait until this extra part becomes available until I install the original bypass? I see no downside to this new addition, so I’m willing to guess it will in fact become part of the newer kits…

OP
OP
caulk04

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Caulk- I ordered your bypass a while back and unfortunately still haven’t found the time to install it. I barely drive my truck, so it hasn’t bother me too much. Should I potentially wait until this extra part becomes available until I install the original bypass? I see no downside to this new addition, so I’m willing to guess it will in fact become part of the newer kits…
I intend this to be an option for those buying the bypass valve. Not necessary by any means, but in some cases the stock cap is very difficult to remove without damaging it and it is, ultimately, made of plastic.

homestar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I really need one of these but the web page says no Ca shipping. I can only drive straight to work and back...about 10 miles and the trans gets to 220. I hit a drive through.... it got over 230 and the fan comes on ( its a V6 so ..no fan untill 230)....but it cant really cool itself down more than a few degrees. I have a thought...maybe you can answer. Since the valve sticks and doesnt let the oil go to the cooler, couldnt I remove the stock part and clean it just to get back to the original temps...mine always matched the water temp. I swapped that back to the 194 degree thermostat ...ill live with the engine light on. I use my truck as a parts runner and I have to go to AZ in about 2 weeks. Thanks - Gary

OP
OP
caulk04

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The thermostat is a wax motor, when it gets hot it forces a pin out which moves the assembly and closes off the heater circuit opening up the cooler circuit. When they quit working, it's an internal failure that isn't serviceable.

I can get you taken care of with CA shipping, I'll DM you

homestar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Hello, I got the part and got it installed. Here's my numbers..... Took about 1 hour but I took my sweet time. 30 min job if you had to. Straight forward...but that oil will shoot out...im under the truck with a flashlight in my teeth and ..yeah that oil doesn't taste to good. So watch out for that. Trans temp now is 165-170!! I floored it from a stop and went through the gears hard...got up to 176 , then cooled back down in about 100 yards. Weather was 95 degrees. My grill shutters are bypassed as well ..... Ill probably hook them up in the winter, but all is well and I can make my road trips once again!!

Last edited:

bm02tj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have you looked into shipping to Canada with out costing us an arm and leg
If unable I will order next spring when I am in Utah
Bruce

skates15

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can verify that the new cap works great, no leaks. Temps went down anywhere from 20 to 40 degrees, depending on driving. Average is around 35 degrees.

Reuse the O ring from the plastic cap.

Well engineered and highly recommend the cap and valve.

OP
OP
caulk04

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have you looked into shipping to Canada with out costing us an arm and leg
If unable I will order next spring when I am in Utah
Bruce
Canadian shipping is not an issue. Dilyn at Huckleberry and I both offer it, an extra $10 for me last I looked. Not sure on his pricing, check the website.

OP
OP
caulk04

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I can verify that the new cap works great, no leaks. Temps went down anywhere from 20 to 40 degrees, depending on driving. Average is around 35 degrees.

Reuse the O ring from the plastic cap.

Well engineered and highly recommend the cap and valve.
The sample unit he has was to reuse the stock oring, current units use a new one that is to be used as the instructions now state.

OP
OP
caulk04

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Everyone always wants to know, towed an equipment trailer and two sxs this morning for a couple hours on the highway. Total trailer weight likely 7k or just under. 60° ambient, grill shutters in place

Engine 212 Max
Oil 235 Max
Trans 145 Max.

Last edited:

bm02tj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Canadian shipping is not an issue. Dilyn at Huckleberry and I both offer it, an extra $10 for me last I looked. Not sure on his pricing, check the website.
Huckleberry does not show your new style one yet
Please advise costs thanks

OP
OP
caulk04

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Correct, he's not carrying the new plug yet. Shoot me a PM to inquire.