can we give the V6 some love???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stembridge

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
IMG_8247.JPG

I'm currently running Yokomaha Geolandar X-ATs (295/70R17), which are a shade over 33" in diameter. I have 3.55 rear gears, oh, and a Pentastar up front (2021 Classic Tradesman QC 4x4). Driving around town, I'm averaging a hand-calculated 18-19, and will touch 21 on the highway if not hauling. I saved my factory "All-Terrain Tires" (LT265/70R17E), and as the Geolandars are about run out, will probably put them back on and recalibrate my speedometer again. Mainly to avoid having to drop $$ on a new set right now. I'll probably see a 1-3 MPG increase based on what I was averaging before putting the bigger tires on.

IMG_0081.JPG

I had a 5.7 in my previous 2015 RAM 2500 longbed/single cab 4x4. It got a consistent 13-14 MPG, but it was a much heavier truck. Didn't need it after we retired and sold the farm and got $4K less than I paid for it new due to used truck prices skyrocketing in 2021. It had about a dozen recalls over the six years I owned it - never had anything actually fail, though.

The Pentastar pulls my 1950 Ford 8N on a 7K axle trailer just fine, but it's definitely not as stout as the previous truck. It suits my current use-case quite fine, though, and the V6 has an excellent reputation. Zero issues with my truck in three years and 42K miles.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
View attachment 548844

I'm currently running Yokomaha Geolandar X-ATs (295/70R17), which are a shade over 33" in diameter. I have 3.55 rear gears, oh, and a Pentastar up front (2021 Classic Tradesman QC 4x4). Driving around town, I'm averaging a hand-calculated 18-19, and will touch 21 on the highway if not hauling. I saved my factory "All-Terrain Tires" (LT265/70R17E), and as the Geolandars are about run out, will probably put them back on and recalibrate my speedometer again. Mainly to avoid having to drop $$ on a new set right now. I'll probably see a 1-3 MPG increase based on what I was averaging before putting the bigger tires on.

View attachment 548843

I had a 5.7 in my previous 2015 RAM 2500 longbed/single cab 4x4. It got a consistent 13-14 MPG, but it was a much heavier truck. Didn't need it after we retired and sold the farm and got $4K less than I paid for it new due to used truck prices skyrocketing in 2021. It had about a dozen recalls over the six years I owned it - never had anything actually fail, though.

The Pentastar pulls my 1950 Ford 8N on a 7K axle trailer just fine, but it's definitely not as stout as the previous truck. It suits my current use-case quite fine, though, and the V6 has an excellent reputation. Zero issues with my truck in three years and 42K miles.
How on Earth did you get that color option!!! I freakin' love it! Consider this, not correcting the tire size is a free warranty extension if you are still in the timeframe for it...

stembridge

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
How on Earth did you get that color option!!! I freakin' love it!
I ordered the truck configured the way I wanted through Mark Dodge in St. Charles, LA. Got a 10% discount when none of my local dealers would "deal," then another 8% in incentives when I took delivery. The local dealers, to a man, said Olive Pearl was not a selectable option on a '21 Tradesman (it was available on build-and-price), but Mark Dodge got it done.