Center console 115 V AC plug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JRose9239

Reaction score
Ram Year
I took out the jumper seat, and installed a center console with an 115 V AC plug on the bottom. I had it feeling it wasn’t going to work because I only had two wires that connected to the usb ports. Would anyone know how I could get that to work. What fuse it would be, and if I needed to wire it in.

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
I took out the jumper seat, and installed a center console with an 115 V AC plug on the bottom. I had it feeling it wasn’t going to work because I only had two wires that connected to the usb ports. Would anyone know how I could get that to work. What fuse it would be, and if I needed to wire it in.
You need to install an inverter, the accompanying wiring harnesses (power source to inverter/ inverter to console) and circuit breaker(s).

OP
OP
J

JRose9239

Reaction score
Ram Year
Would you happen to know where I can get the inverter, and wiring harness

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
You’ll need RAM OEM parts. Google RAM parts for your truck year & model. There will be a few sights pop up. Look closely, often you’ll be directed to a dealership parts department. Not that that’s necessarily a bad thing, up to you who you buy from. Have your VIN handy it’ll help narrow down the search.

I have a 22 Laramie that came with the 120 outlets listed as a factory delete. I could easily find the inverter and outlets but never could come up with the correct harnesses. Assuming RAM couldn’t get them at the time of building it so they just deleted them as an option and built the truck without them. There are a lot of COVID vehicles with “factory deletes”.