Cleaned and Replaced DPF now have fuel codes??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

farmerdiesel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello, I've had a 2023 Ram 3500 with the 6.7 exhaust filter plug up on me. I took it out and had it professionally cleaned. It is reinstalled. I setup alfaobd to reset the soot load. Now I am getting a P0088 code and P238F code. I haven't gone anywhere with it since the exhaust reinstall, and it's had these codes from the moment I reinstalled. On a side note, the screen is still saying that the exhaust needs service and that I need to see a dealer. What do yall think? It started with P0088 and then the P283F came after I let it idle for awhile and the truck died. Now it will not restart.

OP
OP
F

farmerdiesel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As an aside, possibly alfaobd is not resetting soot load if that message persists on dash. Has anyone successfully used it to reset on a truck this new?

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Why did you not take it to the dealer to begin with, are you out of warranty? The dealer needs to reset the DPF but now that you have messed with it they might deny your warranty.
Are you idling the truck 24/7? No way it should have clogged that soon. Did you replace the air filter or intake with a non-oem one?

What else was touched other then the DPF filter?

Last edited:

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Try looking up the codes to see which systems are related. Pretty sure most people don’t know them off the top of their head so they would need to do the same to help you.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
If I had to guess I would say the P238F is because you disconnected or damaged the rear fuel filter wiring while you were pulling the exhaust out. You were certainly in that area.