Clutch Pedal Feel NV5600

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IrocRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello, I was wondering for those who are familiar on the NV5600 transmission behind the 5.9 cummins, what your thoughts are on the clutch pedal. Long story short I am looking for a truck because my 2001 F350 just got totaled a few weeks ago. I have expanded my search to include dodges because it is slim pickings where I am located. I went and looked at and test drove a 2003 3500 SRW 4X4 5.9 NV5600 yesterday. The truck had its issues and I decided to pass almost immediately but I at least drove it just to experience it.

I was not very fond of the clutch pedal at all. I have felt clutch pedals like this before, but what it was doing was when you go to release the pedal, it basically want to just fully depress immediately. Is this normal? If they are all like this, is there a way to adjust this? When you push the pedal in its sort of the same thing, it seems to be easier at the beginning and then you hit a wall so to speak and have to push harder. It's a subtle difference but enough to notice. I like clutch pedals that when you press them, it's one motion pressing in and then releasing. Basically, the same tension I guess in and out.

Besides that, I was shocked how well it drove. Drove way better than my 2001 F350 did. It's lifted with 35" mud terrains. This thing also may have been the most powerful truck I've ever driven. When I did a preliminary look I saw the turbo was purple, and I think ATS does their stuff purple so it was probably one of their turbos. The guy also said it came with a smarty tuner so I'm sure that's already set to like a race tune or something. But man this thing had ridiculous power in ever gear. I was in 4th gear barely on the gas pedal and the boost kicked in and I launched. I wasn't so sure how I felt about 3rd gen rams until I drove this truck, but now I'm a little more interested. Attached is the truck I drove.
1000002678.jpg