Cold air intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dfaver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just wondering if anyone has installed a CAI on their Hemi? I am looking at an Injen 8100. It has its own air box and not just a free standing filter. I am not looking for alot of huge improvement or anything...just more air flow. Or would just installing a better air filter be just as good?

ANY THOUGHTS???

Thanx
Dale

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The factory intake is a CAI and it flows plenty well for a stock Hemi. You'll just be wasting your money if you buy an aftermarket one. Unless of course your reason is for looks or to free up space in the engine bay by going with an OTR style intake.

Jas34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My truck came with an aFe momentum cai with the dry filter in it when I bought the truck used. Previous owner had recently installed it so I left it in. It's actually a nice unit and I like the washable filter. That said, I'd never spend my money adding one, and with stock exhaust and stock tune I'm sure the gains are pretty negligible. It's nice to know I'm giving her all she's got when towing the family trailer up the big hills, though.:)

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
There is always the EcoDiesel airbox mod for the Hemi trucks.