Cold Engine Ticking Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOPAR TECH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cold Engine Ticking Noise WANTED TO LET CUSTOMER KNOW THAT IF U HAVE IS ISSUE THERE IS A TSB 09-001-24 REV. B THIS COULD BE COVERED UNDER YOUR POWERTRAIN WARRANTY YOU GET 1 OR 2 NEW EXHAUST MANIFOLDS EASY TO DO I HAVE DONE MANY OF THESES

Daniel12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
I’ve had this issue with my truck after 2 years of ownership. Replacing the manifolds and bolts is a temporary fix as the new manifolds will warp just like the previous ones did. Permenant solution is to have your old manifolds machined flat, and then replace the bolts. That way, the manifolds have already gone through their heat cycles and no warping should occur after that.

OP
OP
M

MOPAR TECH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
IF THE VEHICLE COMES LIKE THAT I DON'T DO ANTTHING WITH BECAUSE THEY ARE USALLY WRAPPED THE NEW MANIFOLDS COMES WITH ALL NEW BOLTS AND NOW COME WITH A BRACKET THAT THE BOLTS GO THROUGH THE BRACKET THAT PROVENTS THE BOLTS FROM BREAKING AND NOW IF IT FAILS THE MANIFOLD WILL CRACK IN THE CENTER OF THE MANIFOLD