Crew Cab Subwoofer Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

setshot50

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Good lookin place y’all got around here! I’m looking to put a sub or two under my rear seat and wanted to know what others had done. I see JL has a nice stealthbox but with a nice price tag. Before dropping that much I wanted to see what else was out there. Thanks in advance.

Phillyrube

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Most audio shops make them to fit. Did that withy 2008 Mega. Sub is under the passenger seat.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
Best to have one made, like mentioned above. Especially if you have the fold flat floor option. Most aftermarket boxes, like the JL Stealth and Q boxes, you'll lose the fold flat.

OP
OP
setshot50

setshot50

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Best to have one made, like mentioned above. Especially if you have the fold flat floor option. Most aftermarket boxes, like the JL Stealth and Q boxes, you'll lose the fold flat.
Any recommendations on shops around Charlotte that still do custom boxes?

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any recommendations on shops around Charlotte that still do custom boxes?
I do not. I built my box for my old '13 1500. Removed the stock sub, lined the area with painters tape, coated it in mold release and laid down 4 layers of fiberglass, then fiberglassed in a 3/8" thick by 1.5" ring of MDF in the shape of the opening with another 3 layers. That allowed me to screw down a solid 3/4" piece of MDF that I cut the speaker hole in. Popped it out, removed the tape and used 3M double sided to hold the box in place.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Do the 5th gens still have fold flat floors now that the actual floor is flat? If you're referring to the 4th Gen JL Stealth box they say you can retain the fold flat floor, but it's kind of misleading as it can stay in, but no longer functions unless you do some modification in which case it functions ok.

Last edited:

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do the 5th gens still have fold flat floors now that the actual floor is flat? If you're referring to the 4th Gen JL Stealth box they say you can retain the fold flat floor, but it's kind of misleading as it can stay in, but no longer functions unless you do it some modification in which case it functions ok.

Do the 5th gen 1500's have a flat floor in the back? My 5th gen 2500 does not. I thought they shared the same cab.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Do the 5th gen 1500's have a flat floor in the back? My 5th gen 2500 does not. I thought they shared the same cab.
The 5th gen 1500s have a whole new cab with flat rear floor, but the HD trucks still have the 4th gen cab with a design refresh.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
In the 5th gen 1/2 ton I'd be tempted to do a down firing box with a custom fold flat floor where the top of the box is half of it and a flip top does the other half so I still had a big flat load floor, but I sleep in the back of my truck a fair bit with a memory foam mattress I cut to fit so a full flat floor is important to me.

woojyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I picked up the JL Stealthbox for my 2022, I need to wait for an updated harness for the Pac AMPPro plus, I am not about to be pulling door panels, seats and carpeting in the summer heat. I'm planning Oct or Nov to do it. MTI Acoustics also makes really nice boxes that don't block the storage bins.

PrimetimeRam2022

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I see that the 1.5 inch spacers are the most popular. My question is with 2 inch spacers will the 10 W7’s fit with a custom box in a 2022 crew cab? Anyone try? Or even 4 8inch W7
I can take some measurements tomorrow.
Man 3 of those bad boys in the back a

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jacksonno2