Curious about sales code ADN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StateOfMind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
On my build sheet one of the first things listed is ADN: BLACK BEAR PACKAGE
I can find nothing online about this, and when looking at all Chrysler sales codes, it has ADN listed as "ELECTRONIC FEATURE PACKAGE-LI
Can anyone shed a little light on what exactly is the Black Bear Package?

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
It’s a sonic package to repel bears , or sealed food storage so you don’t unintentionally feed the bears.
Couldn’t help myself.

Ken226

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
On my build sheet one of the first things listed is ADN: BLACK BEAR PACKAGE
I can find nothing online about this, and when looking at all Chrysler sales codes, it has ADN listed as "ELECTRONIC FEATURE PACKAGE-LI
Can anyone shed a little light on what exactly is the Black Bear Package?

Jeep has, or had, a black bear package. It was some kinda appearance package named after Black Bear jeep trail, in Telluride, CO.

Not sure if the Ram Black Bear Package is similar, or not.

From an old 2015 Jeep ad:

package elements include rock rails—reinforced rocker panels to resist damage from boulders—and a set of Kevlar-reinforced Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor tires on black-finish 17-inch wheels. Beyond that, though, the Black Bear package is conceived to make you look good as you’re threading your way through the switchbacks.

The interior is distinguished by black cloth seats; a leather-wrapped steering wheel with gray stitching; all-weather floor mats; and grab handles, instrument bezels, vent rings, and door handles in iron gray. Air conditioning and a power convenience group are standard, as is a connectivity group—important for keeping tabs on stock reports when you’re inching along at 12,000 feet.

In addition to the black wheels and map decal, exterior elements include a black grille, a gray bumper appliqué, black taillamp guards, and your choice of a premium Sunrider softtop or a body-color hardtop. The package is available for both two- and four-door Wranglers.

Your truck have anything like that?

OP
OP
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've seen the Jeep black bear editions, and my truck is completely blacked out black badges black leather katzkin interior, black 20" wheels black headlight bezels. But each of those elements have their own sales code in the build sheet.

Daw14, you might be right. I'll test your theory next time I'm at Yellowstone. Wish me luck

Attachments

• BuildSheetServlet (1).pdf
    8.5 KB · Views: 2

Ken226

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I've seen the Jeep black bear editions, and my truck is completely blacked out black badges black leather katzkin interior, black 20" wheels black headlight bezels. But each of those elements have their own sales code in the build sheet.

Daw14, you might be right. I'll test your theory next time I'm at Yellowstone. Wish me luck

Make sure you take your dog!

I hear that an off-leash dog is perfect for testing these features.

The off-leash dog will immediately bail out of the truck and charge the nearest bear, nipping and barking until the bear is really pissed-off.

Then the dog will run back to you and hide behind you for protection!

OP
OP
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Make sure you take your dog!

I hear that an off-leash dog is perfect for testing these features.

The off-leash dog will immediately bail out of the truck and charge the nearest bear, nipping and barking until the bear is really pissed-off.

Then the dog will run back to you and hide behind you for protection!
Ken226, you know how when the wife and kids want a cat, and you want a dog, so yall get a cat? Yeah that's where I'm at.

Anyway, I can't be the only soul with the BLACK BEAR PACKAGE, and I'm sure it has something to do with the blacked out appearance. SoCal is lousy with blacked out Rams, they are everywhere, and yet I can't Google any results that don't talk about the Jeep black bear editions.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ken226, you know how when the wife and kids want a cat, and you want a dog, so yall get a cat? Yeah that's where I'm at.

Anyway, I can't be the only soul with the BLACK BEAR PACKAGE, and I'm sure it has something to do with the blacked out appearance. SoCal is lousy with blacked out Rams, they are everywhere, and yet I can't Google any results that don't talk about the Jeep black bear editions.

I have to wonder if your 'Black Bear' package was an exclusive offering from your dealer. :cool:

I too see nothing online Black Bear-related besides Jeeps.

PS; Don't take the cat to Yellowstone. :cool: