Dayton ps95-8 installed in dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atom13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Na
Engine
Na
Install was pretty easy. They did not fit stock location so I cut and dropped them in. I may end up covering them with speaker cloth. I ordered these before I found a deal on a used set of hertz mlk. Those are definitely going in. I'm not sure how I'll integrate the ps95-8 into the hertz system. I have a 4 channel amp so I may just leave the rwar doors on the radio amp and use two channels for the dash so I can have time alignment.

0c3f442cc3f014eed4495afcf1e5cb76.jpg

OP
OP
A

atom13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Na
Engine
Na
Update now that I’ve listen to them... they are great not clipping at 22 volume level. I can live with them for a while before adding the hertz components. I have a dd 610 sub and it is doing great with this setup.

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was seriously considering these, but would want to mount them under the grill. Wasn't there a way to trim stock mounting location?

OP
OP
A

atom13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Na
Engine
Na
I was seriously considering these, but would want to mount them under the grill. Wasn't there a way to trim stock mounting location?

I would think so. It’s soo much easier to do this way. The circle is already there. They are so heavy that I don’t need to screw them down. I’m planning to mount my tweeter just forward of the speaker. Once they are covered by speaker cloth I think it’ll look good. Very nice to have full range speakers there. Stock speakers blocked the mid frequencies. Not bad for $40 a pair.

OP
OP
A

atom13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Na
Engine
Na
af130aefa7f93b6fed18efa959e104f1.jpgdoesnt look that bad from sitting position.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
You didn't screw them down? You must have smooth roads

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Could use some butyl rope (that crap is messy to clean off), or hot glue to temporarily fasten them down. You wouldn't want one flying at your head when you mash the go pedal. :)

OP
OP
A

atom13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Na
Engine
Na
Could use some butyl rope (that crap is messy to clean off), or hot glue to temporarily fasten them down. You wouldn't want one flying at your head when you mash the go pedal. :)

They could be easily bolted down into the plastic. My work has a gravel pit of a road due to heavy vehicles. The way they drop in and there weight it would take a serious Baja jump to loosen them.