Dead Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeF69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Cranked my 60,000 mile 2018 Ram 2500 diesel, pulled out on the highway, truck completely died. Dash was dead, turn signal dead, AC dead, managed to pull over into a right turn lane and get it stopped. Turned the key off, turned it back to on, nothing dash dead, no lights, no ac, no turn signal 100% dead, tried two more times, nothing. Opened and shut the door, and it came back to life, cranked and I drove home. Got home while it was running, wiggled the key in the ignition, nothing, left to right, up and down, no loss of power. It does not appear to be a bad switch module?? Anyone else have this happen? Any clue what it may cost me to fix? Cannot be headed down the highway at 70MPH and this happen!!!

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
There's a wiring harness under the truck, inside the frame rail near the back of the front tire, check to make sure it's not sperating. Also check all the connections on the BCM, it's on the firewall above the brake pedal.

OP
OP
M

MikeF69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
thank you for your reply, I will see if I can find that.