Dealer tomorrow!!!!! Yay so much fun........ Not

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Captain McGillycutty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok so my front wheel started wobbling really bad on the pass side. My first thought was well maybe I got a bad wheel? Well I swapped it with my driver back wheel. This still didn't fix the wobble and the back wheel that was on the front didn't wobble, so this tells me it's in the front axle or hub. Well I went to the dealer today and they said bring it by in the morning. I did some of my own investigating and I believe that the rotor is warped. The brakes are jumpy like when you have a warped rotor, but this wheel is really wobbling so idk I'll let them fix it. It better be under warrantee as well. All I have done is the leveling kit so idk but seems like my day will be spent at the dealer. Wish me luck!

big_red06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Bighorn
Engine
hemi 5.7
every time I go back to the dealer for warranty work they seem to find a way to make me pay for something lol you should be alright though yours is brand new

RamTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Dakota SXT
Engine
3.7L
If it's a brake rotor issue, it will be covered for 12 months/12k miles.

RamTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Dakota SXT
Engine
3.7L
Yeah, I've seen leveling kits cause a similar problem in other trucks but it could be a number of things.

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did you get an alignment after the level kit? How much of an angle did the level off put the components? For example on my 06 with a IFS front end, if i put a level kit on my cv joints change angles massively

OP
OP
Captain McGillycutty

Captain McGillycutty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I went and they were very friendly. We swapped out my 20's for some stock 17. When I was on stock wheels the wheel didn't wobble. So as we tried to figure out what the problem was we came to the conclution of re balance and alignment. So today I got the truck realigned and it helped but it's still wobbling so tomorrow I'm going to get the tire rebalanced if this dosnt fix it I'll just have to try new wheels.

RamTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Dakota SXT
Engine
3.7L
So I went and they were very friendly. We swapped out my 20's for some stock 17. When I was on stock wheels the wheel didn't wobble. So as we tried to figure out what the problem was we came to the conclution of re balance and alignment. So today I got the truck realigned and it helped but it's still wobbling so tomorrow I'm going to get the tire rebalanced if this dosnt fix it I'll just have to try new wheels.

Ask for a road force balance if they have the machine to do it.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Get them to pay for another shop to do the balance.