Dealer won't change tire size in OBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rob H 88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Just put a slightly larger tire on my 1500 BTS edition and speedo is off by as much as 5 mph. Went to the dealer to have them input the correct tire size and was told the truck automatically senses tire size and auto adjusts speedo. Said only time they manually adjust is w 40 inch tires. Need a new dealer.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Yes you do!!. However, my suggestion, get an MX+, Koadatech security cable and download AlphaOBD. For the same price as the dealer making that one change you now have the ability to do a whole lot more, including the inflation limits on your TPMS system.

I would have happily paid the dealer to fix the Fog light drop out, adjust TPMs limits etc but despite having a great Dealer, there is stuff they just can't access. They are locked out by Stellantis. That was actually what convinced me to get the AlphaOBD.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just put a slightly larger tire on my 1500 BTS edition and speedo is off by as much as 5 mph. Went to the dealer to have them input the correct tire size and was told the truck automatically senses tire size and auto adjusts speedo. Said only time they manually adjust is w 40 inch tires. Need a new dealer.
Yeah U probably do need a new dealer.