DIY: 2013-18 (19 classic) Power Fold Mirror upgrade/Notes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZeroSystem

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
5.7 Liter Hemi
Reading through the forum trying to figure out the process that I'm gonna need to go through to add power mirrors to my truck, and I'm kinda getting lost. I have a 2017 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn, it came stock with the tow mirrors and I'm looking to upgrade them to power folding, what door modules would I need or will the current door modules already be capable of power folding (I assume not but I don't think I've seen that question answered). Do the modules last two letters (AA, AB etc)need to match for the system to work properly? I'm very sorry for what are probably very obvious questions, but as I said I'm just getting overwhelmed with information right now.

Zatijo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you replace the left/right door modules too to get the power fold function?
I replaced the right door module because I’m only adding power fold on the passenger side. Is this my problem? Do I need to replace the left side module even though my driver side mirror doesn’t have power fold? Thanks for responding.

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I replaced the right door module because I’m only adding power fold on the passenger side. Is this my problem? Do I need to replace the left side module even though my driver side mirror doesn’t have power fold? Thanks for responding.
Driver side is the primary/control module... Need both (assuming the rest is the hardware is genuine OEM & functional)

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Reading through the forum trying to figure out the process that I'm gonna need to go through to add power mirrors to my truck, and I'm kinda getting lost. I have a 2017 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn, it came stock with the tow mirrors and I'm looking to upgrade them to power folding, what door modules would I need or will the current door modules already be capable of power folding (I assume not but I don't think I've seen that question answered). Do the modules last two letters (AA, AB etc)need to match for the system to work properly? I'm very sorry for what are probably very obvious questions, but as I said I'm just getting overwhelmed with information right now.
Last 2 letters don't matter (generally) on most PNs... AA, AB, AD, etc.

Only way to know what door modules you have is to open the door panels & look at the PNs to see if they are compatible vs OP. (Not sure if AlfaObd can see the door modules/PNs)

Zatijo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Driver side is the primary/control module... Need both (assuming the rest is the hardware is genuine OEM & functional)
Good to know. Would you have the part # for the left side module for the 2019 1500 classic? I really appreciate everyone’s guidance.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Good to know. Would you have the part # for the left side module for the 2019 1500 classic? I really appreciate everyone’s guidance.

Chukbacca

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi!
I need to replace on of my mirrors and I was considering getting two mirrors with the lights. My existing are heated and power-not power fold (2015 tradesman quad cab)
I attached a photo of my module and I see that there is an unused port…I’m hopeful that will allow the new signal/puddle lights (after programming). Does anyone know if that is the case?

I don’t need the power fold and don’t really feel like spending the dough on the improved modules…so if this won’t work, I’ll just buy what works with what I’ve got
Thanks a bunch!
IMG_2311.jpeg

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hi!
I need to replace on of my mirrors and I was considering getting two mirrors with the lights. My existing are heated and power-not power fold (2015 tradesman quad cab)
I attached a photo of my module and I see that there is an unused port…I’m hopeful that will allow the new signal/puddle lights (after programming). Does anyone know if that is the case?

I don’t need the power fold and don’t really feel like spending the dough on the improved modules…so if this won’t work, I’ll just buy what works with what I’ve got
Thanks a bunch!
View attachment 548865
Yes, they will be plug and play BUT you do need something like AlfaOBD to make some changes in the BCM so the lights work. I recently did it on my 2014.