Does Ram still have headliner sagging issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deathproofduck822

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi I'm joining to try to figure this out. I currently have a 2018 Ram 2500 Laramie I bought new. I have been battling headliner sagging issues since I bought it. I have finally given up and am trading it in. I have found a good deal on a 2022 Ram 2500 Laramie speced the same as my 2018 with a sun roof. My question is does Ram still have issues with the velcro on headliners with a sun roof truck or did they fix it in the 5th gen?

Thank you

HarryS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My headliner isn't sagging. It's made of very stiff material. Did yours get wet?

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Never had or seen any reports of headliner issues, sounds isolated to your truck? Did it get wet? It's pretty easy to get it re-done and would be a lot cheaper then a new truck.

OP
OP
D

deathproofduck822

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It was a pretty big issue on the 4th gens that the adhesive fails around the sunroof opening. Bunch of posts on it on a bunch of different forums. I've had it replaced twice at the dealership, I've tried repair it more times than I can count for it to fall again in a few weeks. I've gone to almost every interior shop I can find in a 100 miles and they all tell me it's a bad design and there is nothing they can do. It's never gotten wet. So unfortunately getting a new truck is really the only thing left.

I just didn't know if RAM still uses little velcro pads to hold the headliners like the older models or if they redesigned to something that will hold up. I would hope the 5th gens would be better than the 4th gens but figured I'd ask cause I don't want to buy a new truck and have the same issue.

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It was a pretty big issue on the 4th gens that the adhesive fails around the sunroof opening. Bunch of posts on it on a bunch of different forums. I've had it replaced twice at the dealership, I've tried repair it more times than I can count for it to fall again in a few weeks. I've gone to almost every interior shop I can find in a 100 miles and they all tell me it's a bad design and there is nothing they can do. It's never gotten wet. So unfortunately getting a new truck is really the only thing left.

I just didn't know if RAM still uses little velcro pads to hold the headliners like the older models or if they redesigned to something that will hold up. I would hope the 5th gens would be better than the 4th gens but figured I'd ask cause I don't want to buy a new truck and have the same issue.
Slap some gorilla glue on it and call it a day!!