Don’t have a clue what to do

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
sigh number 2, you take if from here... Even if you want to say it's lanolin, that is oil.

Yes, lanolin is a natural oil that comes from sheep's wool and skin. It's also known as wool fat, wool yolk, wool wax, or sheep grease. Lanolin is a waxy substance that helps protect sheep's wool from the elements and shed water. It's similar to human sebum, an oil secreted by the skin's sebaceous glands, but lanolin doesn't contain triglycerides
I don't need it.

OP
OP
T

ToddS1971

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Engine degreaser soak for about 10 mins and spray off with just the garden hose did the job. Got it back 90% as clean as before. As for codes, the check engine light did come on but went off the next day. 3 days later and still no leak from the new filter. Still can't imagine what happened as I said before the filter that came off looked completely normal, no tears or misalignment of the gasket, was not cross threaded, was only hand tight, no evidence of a rock kicked up from the road putting a pin hole in it, it just leaked for whatever reason. Crazy.

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Engine degreaser soak for about 10 mins and spray off with just the garden hose did the job. Got it back 90% as clean as before. As for codes, the check engine light did come on but went off the next day. 3 days later and still no leak from the new filter. Still can't imagine what happened as I said before the filter that came off looked completely normal, no tears or misalignment of the gasket, was not cross threaded, was only hand tight, no evidence of a rock kicked up from the road putting a pin hole in it, it just leaked for whatever reason. Crazy.
Tennessee uses salt on its roads during the winter.

You should look in to Fluid Film.

ppine

Forester
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 liter diesel
I had a loose oil filter once after having a Ford 7.3 serviced. Tighten the oil filter and clean up the mess with a rag. Done.

Mark DeRoncey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Long story short, oil filter started leaking, have no clue why, but there is oil all under the bottom of the truck from the oil filter back. How can I clean this up without a lift to raise it and put my pressure washer to it. It is a mess and there’s no way to get it back clean as before, I’d have to disassemble the truck to do that, but has this happened to anyone else and what did you do? Or what does anyone recommend?
Straight Simple Green on a warm engine and water from the hose with a spray nozzle works wonders. Worked in a mechanics shop for a couple of years and it is pretty much all we ised for spills.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
I know of 2 motors , not mine that where distoried from leaky oil filters, one was a double gasket, that one made 1/2 mile (new motor paid for by the shop) other was a new GM van that was driven with the light on till it sized ( lady did not know to check why light was on)
She had to pay for a new motor as she had hit the filter on something.
Back to the oil, yesterday would have been good for a under wash on the highway as it poured rain for 1/2 hour.
I have power washed lots of motors, on the older ones , you had to dry the disc cap off sometimes.
Just use a bit of discretion where you spray high pressure.
On the old ones , I have done the insides as well, Sometimes it is a surprise what comes out.
I would not do that on the new stuff.

I use to have a 3 piston high pressure pump form a car wash, ran it with a 9hp B&S motor, you had to be careful with that, but great on old machinery.

Last edited:

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Take a set of ramps with you to you're local coin-op carwash and a set of coveralls,drive up on the ramps,and start crawling around underneath it with the carwashs gun set on soap.
Once the front is done,move the ramps to the back and do the back the same way.
My 14 that's been washed that way several times a year since it was new.
Ya,my truck will never be that clean