Doors won’t open from the outside all of a sudden

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DirtyJoeRacing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Made a boneheaded mistake yesterday by locking my keys in my 2016 2500. Ended up getting the keys out with the help of a slim Jim by hitting the window button to roll the window down. Now neither of my two front doors will open from the outside but will open from the inside. The driver side door was opening but now it’s stopped. The two back doors open just fine. I need help is this a security thing?

Last edited:

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
No it's not a security thing. Do you hear the locks actuate when you unlock with the FOB? Have you tried using the physical key to try and unlock the drivers door?

OP
OP
D

DirtyJoeRacing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The physical key does unlock and lock the door but I just can’t open it from the outside. The fob works fine no problem, back doors open with no issues just both front doors won’t open from the outside

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
If the doors are unlocked and not opening from the outside, there is most likely a linkage problem inside the door. Guessing someone tried using the slim-jim inside the door causing the linkage issues.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meteleskum