DRL low beam to light strip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RCKable

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hope i explain this right. I have the quad halogen headlights, with DRL's on using my low beams. I have one of those LED hoos light strips I haven't installed yet. If i wanted to use the LED hood strip (only has +/- wires) would it be possible to wire the LED hood light strip into the harness for the low beams, then somehow maybe using AlfaOBD set it to that strip, and not the low beams? Or would that require me to wire the light strip all the way back to some specific location within the headlight wiring?

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Do you have the auxiliary buttons; that is where I would put it. I don't think there is any way to do what you want, wiring to power wires for low beams will just have light bar come on when low beams are on. Really, separate switch with own circuit will ensure you don't eventually have a bad wire due to corroded contacts when you splice in and then switch turns them on when you need them.

ezmoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How about connect the LED hood strip to ignition power so it turns on when the key is on, then don't use the low beams for DRL.

bm02tj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you can not program what you want use two relays and diodes

manuel gonzalez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
There is a connector for a dedicated DRL that you can hook-up to and activate them with alfaobd
search for a "dedicated DRL" in the forum

Last edited: