Edge Tuner Vs Diablosport Tuner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhows31

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Has anybody had experience with both and which should I get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The edge will not do custom tunes

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Diablosport supports custom tunes, will hold up to 5 tunes I believe and that's where it's at when it comes to performance.

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not only that but the intune and Trinity from diablo can be used to tune more than one vehicle

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are you planning on getting a custom tune? if so see what platform your custom tuner works on. the edge pulsar is new so at the moment no one can custom tune it YET but it does offer some great features

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
And for the price you might as well go with a tuner like diablo

OP
OP
dhows31

dhows31

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the replies. I’m just trying to avoid the unlocked pcm.

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the replies. I’m just trying to avoid the unlocked pcm.

You'll be disappointed, you'll sell the edge product at a fraction of what you bought it for, and then you'll end up buying a real tuner.... You can keep your PCM , it takes less than a minute to swap them out, it's less expensive and you'll have the ability to custom tune engine AND ATX... No idea why anyone would go the other route. Either way... Good luck

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
You'll be disappointed, you'll sell the edge product at a fraction of what you bought it for, and then you'll end up buying a real tuner.... You can keep your PCM , it takes less than a minute to swap them out, it's less expensive and you'll have the ability to custom tune engine AND ATX... No idea why anyone would go the other route. Either way... Good luck

Pulsar doesnt leave a footprint on the PCM. IF you swap PCM's the mileage is off and it'll throw a P1400 code which is aftermarket calibration detected telling them that it was swapped or tuned at once point nulling your Powertrain warranty.

OP
OP
dhows31

dhows31

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Pulsar doesnt leave a footprint on the PCM. IF you swap PCM's the mileage is off and it'll throw a P1400 code which is aftermarket calibration detected telling them that it was swapped or tuned at once point nulling your Powertrain warranty.

That’s what I was hoping for because I am only at 20k miles so that would be nice. But then again they would have to prove that what I did caused the failure right?

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

You are incorrect. Spoke with diablo and the rams have not thrown the code... Others have but not the ram. Diablo claims they have corrected this issue as well. The only "footprint" it'll leave would be the same as you disconnecting the battery...

OP
OP
dhows31

dhows31

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You are incorrect. Spoke with diablo and the rams have not thrown the code... Others have but not the ram. Diablo claims they have corrected this issue as well. The only "footprint" it'll leave would be the same as you disconnecting the battery...

Really? I haven’t heard about this until now. If that’s the case I will most definitely go through diablo as I already have a separate PCM. Can anyone else confirm this?

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Really? I haven’t heard about this until now. If that’s the case I will most definitely go through diablo as I already have a separate PCM. Can anyone else confirm this?

Call diablo up directly

monteholic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I've read some about the P1400 code, I "think" is was only on 5.7's

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
The mileage on the PCM will still be off, they can tell that way.

OP
OP
dhows31

dhows31

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Will the mileage not adjust based on the rest of the computers?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
There's also HP's platform,it has access to more tuning parameters then Diablo's CMR platform has,and is generally considered to be superior to diablo ,also more money though to.If you have a 13 or 14 with the 8 speed,you can't tune the tranny via Diablo,you have to go with HP as they're the only ones who can access the early 8 speeds tuning parameters.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The Rams do not get this code P1400 code. One of the techs on this site checked.
Jay