electronic power steering on 2014 1500 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dougiedoug1026

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
owners and friends of owners i encourage you to file a complaint to the national highway saftey administration if your 2014 ram 1500 has intermittent or loss of power steering. there is a recall for other years but not on the 2014 and its the same unit. the fix costs between 3,000 and 5,000

AR RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Big Horn 4x4
Just closing loop on my experience with replaceing my EPS. I tried replacing the eps drive belt first. This did not fix my issue. That was faily easy to do but wound just being a waste of about $50 and 5 hours of my time. Next step was to find a replacement EPS Rack and Pinon. If you searched for one you know there are no cheap ones to be had. Found one at Buy Auto Parts, very expensive, but a lifetime warranty. Took about 3 hours to switch out. Return the core for a refund. No need to get the computer flashed unless you get a code MIL light. No way to know...just depends on the year and make of the replacement eps. Mine worked great. You do need to get a new front end alignment because you remove the tierod ends. Mine worked great just sucks due to the cost. Water in the eps due to a bad bot clamp caused my failure . tks.

AR RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Big Horn 4x4
Double post deleted

Last edited: