Electronic Throttle Control Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zro27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar v6
So I have a 2020 ram 1500 HFE. Immediately when i turn on my truck the ETC light (red lightning bolt comes on) then turns off after about 2 seconds. The truck drives completely fine. I haven’t noticed any issues at all. I took it in to get looked at and they are saying no codes are popping up. Anyone else have this issue??

joesstripclub

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
What do you mean by self test?
ECM running a quick test to make sure its functioning. Try putting the truck into the "on" setting without your foot on the brake and let it sit for a few seconds before starting it (depends if you have push button start or not). All sorts of things light up on the dash when you first start it but they should all go away.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
AZ - 83 Miles SW of the Geographical Center
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
What do you mean by self test?
ECM running a quick test to make sure its functioning. Try putting the truck into the "on" setting without your foot on the brake and let it sit for a few seconds before starting it (depends if you have push button start or not). All sorts of things light up on the dash when you first start it but they should all go away.
^^^ That ^^^

When you first start the truck, all the sensors run a self-check in the first couple seconds. That's why you see all those lights on your dash panel flash for a split second then go out again. If any of them stay on for more than a few seconds, then you may have a problem.

OP
OP
Z

zro27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar v6
Thank you guys that makes sense. I swore it wasn’t on when I got the truck a couple months ago. But the light is on and off so fast that you could easily miss it. I plugged it into a reader and nothing came up so it’s gotta just be that

OP
OP
Z

zro27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar v6
Thank you. I think it’s that as well. This is the newest vehicle I’ve had so I’m being a little bit skeptic of mostly everything being computerized haha but that makes sense to me.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KW_RAM