Engine bay detail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xyleff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone here got their engine bay professionally detailed? Or have done them yourself? How’s the process and any issues afterwards?

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Laramie 4x4 QC, True Blue Pearl
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Nope. I just pop the hood and spray it down every once in a while over the years. Still looks new…just not gaudy/shiny looking.

Is that even a thing haaaaa ?

I did exactly that, after 10 years and 107,000 miles she was looking dusty. I used the low pressure green tire cleaner solution, let it sit a minute, then the foaming brush on the high spots, then a low pressure rinse. Avoided the battery cover and hood "carpet".
All done while idling. I thought I might want to hear it if something popped or went south part way through. Engine was about 180F to dry things quickly, then a 20 mile jog down the freeway. No shiny.
All good, done about a year ago.

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I used to have a detail shop and this is how we did the engine bay. Clean it with a SS spray wash and rinse it good. Then while wet we would use Meguiars Hyper dressing diluted at 4 parts water to 1 part HD. Spray the engine down liberally with a spray bottle of mix while engine bay is still wet. Walk away and let it dry. It will self level and dry to a clean mat finish. If you want a shiny finish mix the Hyper dressing with 3 parts water and 2 parts HD. You can use the Hyper dressing on about anything including your inner fenders and interior plastic. No streaks and it has UV inhibitors.

StateOfMind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I use diluted purple power, spray it, let it sit for a few minutes, then agitate with a detail brush, rinse it down. Compressed air to dry, then spray with 303, and a quick wipe. 303 isn't oily, no silicone, so it doesn't attract dirt, in fact it seems to repel. I think Boeing developed it for use on turbines or some such thing. Here's a pic taken today, the spray down was done about 3k miles ago, and it looks fresh. Engine cover was just painted, hence the glamour shot1000001957.jpg

Last edited:

joesstripclub

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I used to have a detail shop and this is how we did the engine bay. Clean it with a SS spray wash and rinse it good. Then while wet we would use Meguiars Hyper dressing diluted at 4 parts water to 1 part HD. Spray the engine down liberally with a spray bottle of mix while engine bay is still wet. Walk away and let it dry. It will self level and dry to a clean mat finish. If you want a shiny finish mix the Hyper dressing with 3 parts water and 2 parts HD. You can use the Hyper dressing on about anything including your inner fenders and interior plastic. No streaks and it has UV inhibitors.
Came here to recommend the Hyper dressing as well. Nowadays I spray the engine down with scrubbing bubbles and give any heavy grime a quick wipe then rinse it all down and apply hyper dressing liberally. Hyper dressing is great for dressing fender liners as well.