Engine Tick

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

calikeegzk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have had a tick in my engine recently. Has gotten louder. I took a mechanics stethoscope and listened around and it sounds like it's coming from under valve covers. assuming lifters. Looking at lifter kits that come with everything I need including cam, lifters, gaskets, etc. but want some opinions. Not looking for a performance cam or any chop right now just trying to fix it before it eats up my engine and costs more money. I'm planning on upgrading the oil pump as well for increased oil pressure. What has everyone else gone with? Is the MDS delete worth it?

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Lots of threads on options, you should do a search and read the different ways people went and then formulate specific questions. Start here:

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Most the kits out there are compiled using cheap parts, your way better off sourcing separately. Not sure why everyone always wants to buy a kit anyways.

Make sure you buy OEM mopar lifters and cam. The rest doesn’t matter so much. Bare minimum you’ll need cam, lifters, head gaskets, valve cover gaskets, timing cover gasket, water pump gasket, thermostat (make sure to test it in a pot of water on the stove before installing), and oil and filter for at least one oil change.